Green hydrogen technology developer seeking Business Developer
An international company with an aspiring development plan specialising in green hydrogen technology is looking to hire a Business Developer to be based in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
START DATE: 1 August 202
The company is looking for a self-reliant individual with experience in project development, who is looking to grow their career in green hydrogen projects. This means that while you grow your career, you will be part of establishing some of the first hydrogen plants in Southern African regions, contributing to the renewable energy solution in a significant way.
Education and experience
- A higher education qualification
- 5 -10 years of experience in energy-related product sales, prospecting for clients, creating and implementing opportunities and/or developing renewable energy projects
- Understanding the administrative, technical and regulatory components of an energy project
- Knowledge of electrical/energy-related markets and their structures across Africa
- Understand how to manage commercial deals and identify lucrative partnerships
- Experience in initiating and developing clean energy projects between 50MW and 200MW
Skills and responsibilities
- You will get the chance to identify and secure new projects that contribute to the establishment of green hydrogen plants across Africa while contributing to significant long-term sustainable energy solutions. This will include tasks like overseeing the consultation process with the stakeholders, land procurement, community and government liaison and conducting due diligence for potential acquisitions and/or projects
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and communication skills
- Enthusiastic about climate change and global decarbonisation
- Fluent in English, Afrikaans and/or any other Southern African languages
For more information, or to apply, refer to the original job listing.
Enlit Africa (the unifying brand for African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa) invites you to join the conversation 16-18 May 2023 in Cape Town, South Africa.
Read More: Green hydrogen technology developer seeking Business Developer